Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Biggest yet, hopefully the last...
Got a hair-cut. ^^
Matt is absolutely right about gas prices, and I completely agree; STOP COMPLAINING.
Got another text message from her, today. I really don't know what to think.
Going to take my driving test Wednesday. Hope I pass. If I don't, though, then I will know what I need to work on.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
NO! Why is that always everyone's first question when they talk to me?
2. Would you kiss any of your friends?
Only the best.
3. Where do you want to go to college?
? I iz in teh college...
4. How many kids do you want to have?
5. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
6. Do you wanna change your name?
7. What did you do for your last birthday?
8.What time did u wake up today?
9. What were you doing at midnight last nighT?
Actually, sleeping, believe it or not.
10. Name something you CANNOT wait for?
Tomb Raider Anniversary...
11. Last time you saw your dad?
I would say a year and a half, but I popped over to his house a few months ago.
12. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life?
13. Have you ever talked to Tom?
14. Last thing you ate/drank?
15. Whats your favorite month?
16. What is your least favorite month?
17. Do you like peanut butter?
<3>Lip gloss Chapstick is better than lipstick
 I can't leave the house without makeup.
[x] I play video games, even when there are other people around.
[x] My friends are the best, and they're important to me.
[x] I would do [almost] anything for my friends.
[x] I love creativity and originality.
 I love extreme sports.
 I am a member of FriendWise.com and love it.
 I have a tattoo(s).
[x] I have/had piercings other than my ears
[x] I have been to more than 5 concerts
[x] I have a stuffed animal
 I have cheated on someone just to make them dump me first.
[x] I've spanked another girl on purpose in public.
 been called a player.
 go to the mall to pick up guys.
Do you have the following in your bedroom:
[x] Cell phone[s]
 Book shelf
[x] Clothes on the floor
 Smoke detector
[x] Bottle of water
[x] Stop sign/any sign
 real gun
 Any drug
[xx] Xbox, xbox 360
[x] Something stolen
How many windows do you have in [yo]ur room?
Do you get ready in the bathroom or your room?
Room... I refuse to walk to or from the bathroom naked.
What color is your bed sheet?
How big is your bed?
Not big enough...
Has the opposite sex been in your room before?
Who usually sleeps in your bed besides you?
Do you like your bedroom?
Don't mind it, could be bigger...
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
You can now export your avatar and signature for use on other sites, as well as creating banners in their sig lab. The new collectibles for May 2007 are in as well; Yokai's Treasure and the Demonic Anklets. Haven't seen all of the collectibles? They now have The Gaia Collectible Museum, where you can view the items, when they were released, and even preview them on your avatar. It is definitely better than trying to find the monthly collectibles by endlessly browsing the marketplace. The new item arranger will help you organize your inventory more efficiently than before, letting you view items in a list or icon view, as well as showing all, avatar, home, or game items. It even lets you search for items by name, if you have so many items that scrolling doesn't do the trick. Getting rid of duplicate or unwanted items is easier than ever with the "sell item" and "give as gift" options right in your inventory. The only thing that could be better at this point is having an auto arranger that would arrange by date released, alphabetically, or set. After you get yourself all gussied up, you can head to the Gaia Cinema, where all sorts of fun and educational films are played. The main feature film this week is Shaolin Temple, as well as the educational shorts, A Case of Spring Fever and The Showoff. You can buy a brain freeze and popcorn. You can shine a laser pointer onto the screen or throw popcorn and flames if you dislike the movie. Be sure to get a good seat.
There's a lot of bad webcam pix out there. Here's how to make them look much better.
Friday, May 18, 2007
- predatory behavior from other members
- to fix/prevent the above would be a "technological and administrative nightmare"
- teen-grid doesn't have as many bells and whistles/as much leniency as the adult-grid, which is both good and bad; good because there is not as much of a chance that the horrors of the adult-grid will infiltrate, bad because kids playing have labeled it "lame" and prefer Sims to the teen-grid
- nothing in SL is punishable, i.e. anything goes
- sexual predators can easily lie to make a teen account, making it easy to prey on the teenagers (which is the same thing that is currently happening with myspace)
- SL is not personalized/tailored for juvenile delinquents, which is what they need (something tailored to fit their needs)
- having high levels of competition and extreme tension decrease sense of self-worth and increase verbally and physically violent behavior, esp. in delinquents
- The following regards the system requirements for PC*
- the system requirements are as follows [and does not run very well on these (frequent crashes, as well as slow graphics and frequent freezes if there are too many avatars on screen, sound often becomes slow and grating)]:
- Internet Connection*: Cable or DSL
- Operating System: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
- OR Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4)
- Computer Processor: 800MHz Pentium III or Athlon, or better
- Computer Memory: 256MB or better
- Video/Graphics Card**:
- nVidia GeForce 2, GeForce 4mx, or better
- OR ATI Radeon 8500, 9250, or better
- Internet Connection*: Cable or DSL
- Computer Processor: 1.6GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon 2000+ or better
- Computer Memory: 512MB or better
- Video/Graphics Card**:
- nVidia GeForce FX 5600, GeForce 6600, or better
- OR ATI Radeon 9600, X600, or better
- nVidia cards that report as a RIVA TNT or TNT2
- ATI cards that report as RAGE or RAGE PRO
- ATI cards that report as RADEON 320M, 340M, 345M, or similar model numbers
- Intel Extreme
- most cards by MATROX
- nVidia cards that report as Quadro
- ATI cards that report as RADEON IGP or RADEON XPRESS
- ATI cards that report as FireGL
- ATI cards that report as FireMV
Thursday, May 17, 2007
My name is Ferin McCauley, and I work at the University of Akron. I am researching Second Life.
The Summit County Juvenile Detention Center was looking for a program to teach minors to have the natural reflex to nurture instead of maim. We had the idea, here at UA, that we could develop a game. We have the programmers and the resources, but it may take a while; we have estimated around a whole year. Unfortunately one of the other people at the meeting regarding this issue put the idea of Second Life into the JDC administrator's head. I have realized that the average length of stay in the JDC is 17-30 days, hardly long enough to make the "incentive" in Second Life worth it. I have done more research on Second Life and have realized that it is by no means the solution to anything. What I am worried about is that they may try out Second Life, and find that there are awful security holes, especially with juvenile delinquents playing, and they may scrap the whole game-idea.
In my research I found the site for this group, and thought maybe you could help me.
I was wondering how much information you may have that would help me deter the JDC administrator from wanting to use Second Life. Any information you may have would be helpful; the more the better.
Thanks so much. ^.^
University of Akron, TLSC
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Monday, May 14, 2007
Also went grocerie shopping. Spend a good eighty bucks. Got good foods. *muah*
Finished Tomb Raider: Legend on teh 360. 100%. Took me almost eleven hours; not bad. :P
Must finish reading The Bourne Identity, so I can read The Bourne Supremacy, to be followed by The Bourne Ultimatum, because the movie is coming out soon. :) SO stoked.
Def cried. Like a damn baby. Cannot believe that Harry died. Oman. And now, what is up with MJ and Peter? Are they getting married? Are they just friends? What gives??
O. Yeah. And what is with the frickin' hyphen in "Spider-Man"? I never knew that there was a hyphen in there. Why wasn't I notified? I thought it was all one word, but a quick google search revealed that there, indeed, is a small hyphen in between "spider" and "man", even in the comics.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Friday, May 11, 2007
Keep wanting to call my family, but no one ever answers, and then of course I get that, "come visit." Yeah sure, I'll just drive my car to- o wait, no car...
Well, signed up for the retirement at work so I can work over the summer. Unfortunately, the hours are going to be morning hours... ick. Will post the new schedule when I figure it out.
Issues with Chad, again, of course. Not that he is even causing problems, this time. Anthony just isn't wanting him at the house, though he mentioned that if I didn't mind, he didn't, but I have no idea if he was serious or not. -.-
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Am feeling much better. Had some creepy flu-thing I caught from work, probably from Ron, as he has been taking me to work. Had sinus junk and am pretty sure I have an ear infection, especially as I cannot hear out of it. Will probably go to the doctor sometime this week if it refuses to get any better.
Been doing a lot of shopping on the interwebs. ^.^ Bought Ramuné. Is even better than it was last time, though is very fizzy. It was harder to open this time, too. Is probably because it is a little on the warm side. The other things I ordered are taking a long time to get here. >.< Grr.
Work soon, ugh.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
|Need to dominate||||||||||||||||||56%|
|Peter pan complex||||||||||||||||43%|
personality tests by similarminds.com
Stability results were medium which suggests you are moderately relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.
Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, reliable, neat, and hard working at the expense of flexibility, efficiency, spontaneity, and fun.
|clean, self revealing, open, organized, outgoing, social, enjoys leadership and managing others, dominant, makes friends easily, does not like to be alone, assertive, hard working, finisher, optimistic, positive, likes to stand out, likes large parties, respects authority, practical, high self esteem, perfectionist, dislikes chaos, busy, not familiar with the dark side of life, controlling, high self control, traditional, tough, likes to fit in, conforming, brutally honest, takes precautions|
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Busy, busy at work today. *sigh*
Ordered stuff from amazon.com. Almost ordered the second Fire Thief, but this one has been so slow going, I really, really don't want to. May just give away the book... after I finish it of course.
After walking almost home from Chapel Hill yesterday, my little toes hurt so much. Have blisters and calluses like nobody's business. *ouch*
Been getting frequent headaches, hoping that they aren't a sign of further illness. Am just getting over flu-monster-thing.
Talked to first-last today on Gaim. Didn't have much to say, of course, why would he. Just asked how things were going, said something in Spanish, and signed off. Go figure.